Your LA Beauty Products Examiner just received samples of a new product line called Tilth Beauty and predicts it will be a big bang winner. The press release accompanying the products explained how the line was launched by Anthony Vargas, a three-decade industry veteran and former research and development expert at Avon and Elizabeth Arden. It is designed to moisturize skin without the use of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, petroleum based products, silicones, synthetic fragrances, artificial coloring or genetically modified organisms, (GMO’s). And for those of us who care about such things, it is made in America, comes in green packaging, is not tested on animals, is completely gluten free and contains no questionable ingredients.
Tilth’s expanding collection includes 14 naturally-based products that combine vitamins, cosmeceuticals, botanicals and marine ingredients. Here’s a sampling of a few which are being tested as we speak and will be reviewed in a week or so:
- A Flawless Serum—Costs $62 and zeros in on stressed out skin helping to firm and moisturize.
- Aloe Restoration Toner—Costs $32. I did test this and really like how it feels and wipes away excess makeup and dirt.
- Anti-Aging Firming Moisture Cream—Sells for $55 and is odorless and after one use, seemingly effective as a moisturizer, will need a few more days to validate claims that it’s an anti-aging cream significantly improves the appearance of facial lines, elasticity and firmness.
- Anti-oxidant Foaming Cleanser --$38, although it was provided for testing, this sounds great. The company says that it’s a revolutionary, advanced cleanser that delivers clean, refreshing and healthy results as it fights premature aging with soothing, calming and antioxidant-rich botanical extracts with properties that enhance firming, elasticity and texture.
- Argan-Tangerine Deep Cleansing Lotion--$34, also untested but again like how it sounds. It’s infused with essential and natural oils, this nature-based, anti-aging cleanser enhances, cleans and refreshes skin, leaving it soft and supple. It also serves as a gentle and effective makeup remover.
Check out the website for other Tilth Beauty supplies: http://www.tilthbeauty.com/store/.