The 2013 American League Championship series kicks off tomorrow night in Boston, Massachusetts when the Detroit Tigers take on the Boston Red Sox. The winner of this best-of-seven series will move on the 2013 World Series and face either the St. Louis Cardinals or LA Dodgers.
According to Sportsline on Oct. 10 the Tigers punched their ticket to the ALCS last night by defeating the Oakland A’s 3-0 in Game 5 of the ALDS. Justin Verlander dominated Oakland hitters all night long as he pitched 8 innings of near no-hit ball, striking out 10.
Now it's time to get ready to take on the always tough Boston Red Sox.
Las Vegas odds makers have the Red Sox as the slight favorite at -120 to beat the Tigers and advance to the World Series, but this one is tough to call. No matter who wins, it's hard to argue against the case that these are the two best teams in the AL.
When it comes to scoring runs, no one does it better than Boston and Detroit. The Red Sox finished first overall in runs scored in 2013 with 853 while Detroit finished in second place with 796. The Tigers finished with the highest team batting average, Boston finished second. They both have several All-Star's, and they both have great relief pitchers.
Like I said, this is a tough one to call!
I picked the Tigers to win the World Series in April, so I can't back down now.
Pick: Tigers in 6
Here is a look at the 2013 ALCS schedule
American League Championship Series
- Game 1: Tigers (Sanchez 14-8) at Red Sox (Lester 15-8), Saturday, 8 p.m., Oct. 12 , 7:30 p.m. | FOX
- Game 2: Tigers at Red Sox, Sunday, 8 p.m., Oct. 13 | FOX
- Game 3: Red Sox at Tigers, Tuesday, 4 p.m., Oct. 15 | FOX
- Game 4: Red Sox at Tigers, Wednesday, 8 p.m., Oct. 16 | FOX
- Game 5*: Red Sox at Tigers, Thursday, 8 p.m., Oct. 17 | FOX
- Game 6*: Tigers at Red Sox, Saturday, 4:30 p.m., Oct. 19 | FOX
- Game 7*: Tigers at Red Sox, Sunday, 8 p.m., Oct. 20 | FOX
Who is your pick to win the 2013 ALCS?