According to a Jan. 26 report from LionFight.com, Tiffany Van Soest walked away with an impressive knockout victory of Alexis Rufus at the Lion Fight 8 Muay Thai event in Las Vegas, to remain undefeated in her pro career.
The official decision was Van Soest via knockout at 0:25 of round four.
Van Soest and Rufus were engaged in a back-and-forth affair until the fourth frame.
Rufus pushed the pace with solid knees and strikes that were finding a home, but Van Soest took the momentum back by rocking her with a head kick in the fourth round.
Van Soest showed her killer instinct by dropping Rufus with a right hand.
Rufus was unable to beat the count and Van Soest walked away with a knockout victory to remain undefeated.
Van Soest trains at Black House with some of the top female combat fighters in the world.
"It's great," Van Soest said of Black House. "I couldn't ask for a better group of guys to train with. Everybody at Black House shows up and works hard at making each other better. It's all about sharpening your skills at that gym. There's just one or two other females that train out of there on a regular basis. Kaiyana Rain, and Jessica Penne comes in also, so most of the time, it's just the three of us. We definitely get our work in. You can walk into that gym on any given day and see a UFC superstar. If you're not ready for it, it can catch you off guard."
Here's a look at the full Lion Fight 8 results:
- Yodsanklai Fairtex def. Gregory Choplin via KO at 2:40 of Rd. 3
- Tiffany Van Soest def. Alexis Rufus via KO at 0:25 of Rd. 4
- Kevin Ross def. Chris Kwiatkowski via Unanimous Decision
- Shane Campbell def. Remy Bonnel via Unanimous Decision
- Vivian Leung def. Kate McGray via Unanimous Decision
- Malaipet Sasiprapa def. Vishnu Gulati via (T)KO (Leg Kicks) at 1:57 of Rd. 2
- Jason Andrada def. Cody Moberly via KO (Elbow) at 2:35 of Rd. 1
- Josh Shepard def. Damien Earley via Majority Decision
- Nick Chasteen def. Jonathan Parsons via Unanimous Decision
- Fanny Tommasino def. Jessica Rico via Unanimous Decision
- Jason Caldwell def. Ron Cruz via Unanimous Decision
- Chris Martin def. Tony Berceau via Unanimous Decision