Tiburon. Calif. is named one of the "healthiest and happiest" romantic Bay Area getaways for 2014 by "California Living™". Here, "California Living" dishes all the delicious details for you to plan the ultimate in romantic Bay Area getaways in this healthy travel guide spotlighting Tiburon, Calif., a charming San Francisco bayside town nationally known for their healthy-cooking initiatives. California Living's insider's guide on where to "stay & play" in Tiburon, Calif. recommends the following 'stay & play" activities to make the most of your Tiburon, Calif. getaway:
- Cuddle up with your special someone on an Angel Island Tiburon Ferry romantic Sunset Cruise (Friday & Saturday Mid-May - Mid-October)
- Feast your tastebuds and your senses at a number of fabulous Tiburon dining venues offering fresh, local seafood and "farm to table" cuisine.
- "Go-green" with a stay at an eco-friendly hotel on the tip of the Tiburon, Calif. Peninsula.
- Treat yourself and someone special to a selection of advanced anti-aging facials & specialty body treatments at the "Eva Claiborne Beauty & Wellness Clinic,"located in Tiburon, Calif.
Less than 20 minutes over the Golden Gate Bridge your romantic getaway begins in beautiful Marin County on the Tiburon Peninsula waterfront. Here you’ll find out why Tiburon was named one of “America’s Happiest Seaside Towns” by Coastal Living. Below are California Living’s healthy travel recommendations guaranteed to :
Angel Island Tiburon Ferry day trips to Angel Island State Park and romantic Sunset Cruises starting mid-May and running through mid-Ocober out of Tiburon, Calif. featuring the ability to bring your own picnic dinner, wine or beverage, etc. to enjoy while taking in the sunset on San Francisco Bay.
Tiburon dining venue spotlight: Reserve your dining reservations at one of the following “Party Girl Diet Approved” Tiburon, Calif. dining venues:
- Tiburon's famous Sam’s Anchor Café offers a unique San Francisco Bay waterfront and dock with great atmosphere and “fresh off the dock” seafood specials including their famed Crab Cioppino, as well as a variety of specialty dishes for the most concerning palates. Sam's Anchor Café: Sam's Anchor Café and 17 other Tiburon restaurants made national news for their health-foward initiatives in cooking:
Tiburon's 18 restaurants voluntarily stopped using trans fats in their cooking oils, making it the first city in the nation to go "trans fat-free." ~ Marin Independent Journal
- Tiburon Tavern: With live music and a cool-Marin vibe, you’ll enjoy a special pre-fixed Valentine’s “farm to table” dinner at this one-of-a-kind dining venue.
- Located on Tiburon’s charming waterfront, Servino Ristorante uses only the finest ingredients from local farmers to create delicious rustic Italian dishes. An extensive gluten-free menu is featured daily.
- Don Antonio Trattoria: Here's an authentic Italian restaurant in an intimate space below Ark Row. Serving dinner Tuesday - Sunday. the menu features an array of Southern Italian dishes. Address: 114 Main Street, Tiburon, CA 94920. Call ahead for reservations (415) 435-0400.
California Living's insider's guide on where to "stay & play" in Tiburon, Calif.:
There are 2 main hotels in the town of Tiburon, which are both eco-friendly and in easy walking distance to Angel Island Tiburon Ferry and all of the restaurants mentioned above. If you are planning to make your romantic getaway to Tiburon an overnight experience, do check into booking your hotel accommodations early to ensure you'll get a room:
- The Lodge at Tiburon: Located in the center of town, the Lodge at Tiburon is home to the Tiburon Tavern which offers fun happy hours, complimentary parking, and indoor/outdoor dining venues. You'll love the rooftop deck and fire-pit, heated outdoor pool, cool Marin vibe, and overall upscale casual atmosphere of this property.
- The Waters Edge Hotel: This boutique hotel boasts waterfront views of the spectacular San Francisco skyline, Angel Island State Park and Tibuorn-Belevedeere harbor. The Water's Edge Hotel is a stone's throw away from the Angel Island Tiburon Ferry, Sam's Anchor Cafe, Servino's, and Don Antonio Trattoria. Due to the intimate size of this property, it is advised to book your room well in advance.
Here's to wishing you a super "healthy & happy" romantic Bay Area getaway in Tiburon, California.
Until next time...keep the (healthy) party going ~ Aprilanne
California Living's insider's guide to Tiburon, Calif. featuring the story about how Sam's Anchor Cafe's famous San Francisco Crab Cioppino recipe came about, and the inside look at "Eva Claiborne Beauty & Wellness Clinic" airs this season on CALIFORNIA LIVING™ with ION Television in the San Francisco and Sacramento Markets.