Tiburon. Calif. is named one of the "healthiest and happiest" romantic Bay Area getaways for Valentine's 2014 in a 2/6/2014 "California Living" media release. Here, "California Living" dishes all the delicious details for you to plan the ultimate in romantic Bay Area getaways in this healthy travel guide spotlighting Tiburon, Calif., a charming San Francisco bayside town nationally known for their healthy-cooking initiatives. Read on for California Living's insider's guide on where to "stay & play" in Tiburon, Calif. - including the dish on:
- Angel Island Tiburon Ferry's romantic San Francisco Valentine's Cruise with free-flowing champagne & organic appetizers offered on Friday, 2/14/2014 and Saturday 2/15/2014 evenings.
- Tiburon dining venues offering fresh, local seafood and "farm to table" cuisine.
- Green, eco-friendly hotel stays on the tip of the Tiburon, Calif. Peninsula.
Less than 20 minutes over the Golden Gate Bridge your romantic getaway begins in beautiful Marin County on the Tiburon Peninsula waterfront. Here you’ll find out why Tiburon was named one of “America’s Happiest Seaside Towns” by Coastal Living. Below are California Living’s healthy travel recommendations guaranteed to “set the mood” Valentine’s Day weekend:
Cuddle up with your sweetheart aboard The Tamalpais - one of Angel Island Tiburon Ferry’s luxury private charter vessels. Enjoy free-flowing champagne and all-organic sweet & savory bites while taking in the intoxicating romance of San Francisco Bay on one of two Angel Island Tiburon Ferry San Francisco Valentine’s Cruises to choose from:
- Friday, February 14, 2014: 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Valentine’s Day Romantic Twilight Cruise
- Saturday, February 15, 2014: 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Valentine’s Weekend Sweethearts Sunset Cruise
Angel Island Tiburon Ferry San Francisco Valentine’s Champagne Cruise highlights:
- Intimate 1 ½ hour cruise on San Francisco Bay to the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Free-flowing quality champagne
- Organic, savory pastry poppers catered by Soup Freaks, San Francisco
- Organic chocolate-dipped strawberries
Ticket price is $65.00 per person and includes unlimited champagne, appetizers and more. Book online here - or call (415) 435-2131 to reserve your tickets today. You may also email Angel Island Tiburon Ferry for further information or to make reservations.
Tiburon dining venue spotlight: Reserve your Valentine’s Day or weekend dinner reservations at one of the following “Party Girl Diet Approved” Tiburon, Calif. dining venues:
- Tiburon's famous Sam’s Anchor Café offers a unique San Francisco Bay waterfront and dock with great atmosphere and “fresh off the dock” seafood specials including their famed Crab Cioppino, as well as a variety of specialty dishes for the most concerning palates. Sam's Anchor Café: Sam's Anchor Café and 17 other Tiburon restaurants made national news for their health-foward initiatives in cooking:
Tiburon's 18 restaurants voluntarily stopped using trans fats in their cooking oils, making it the first city in the nation to go "trans fat-free." ~ Marin Independent Journal
- Tiburon Tavern: With live music and a cool-Marin vibe, you’ll enjoy a special pre-fixed Valentine’s “farm to table” dinner at this one-of-a-kind dining venue. Perhaps, they say it best…
Tiburon Tavern’s mission is to offer the residents and visitors of the seaside town of Tiburon with fresh, inspired cuisine. The menu showcases simple, delicious items using the finest, seasonal ingredients sourced from the area’s abundant resources... - The Lodge at Tiburon
- Located on Tiburon’s charming waterfront, Servino Ristorante uses only the finest ingredients from local farmers to create delicious rustic Italian dishes. An extensive gluten-free menu is featured daily.
- Don Antonio Trattoria: Here's an authentic Italian restaurant in an intimate space below Ark Row. Serving dinner Tuesday - Sunday. the menu features an array of Southern Italian dishes. Address: 114 Main Street, Tiburon, CA 94920. Call ahead for reservations (415) 435-0400.
California Living's insider's guide on where to "stay & play" in Tiburon, Calif.:
There are 2 main hotels in the town of Tiburon, which are both eco-friendly and in easy walking distance to Angel Island Tiburon Ferry and all of the restaurants mentioned above. If you are planning to make your romantic getaway to Tiburon an overnight experience, do check into booking your hotel accommodations early to ensure you'll get a room:
- The Lodge at Tiburon: Located in the center of town, the Lodge at Tiburon is home to the Tiburon Tavern which offers fun happy hours, complimentary parking, and indoor/outdoor dining venues. You'll love the rooftop deck and fire-pit, heated outdoor pool, cool Marin vibe, and overall upscale casual atmosphere of this property.
- The Waters Edge Hotel: This boutique hotel boasts waterfront views of the spectacular San Francisco skyline, Angel Island State Park and Tibuorn-Belevedeere harbor. The Water's Edge Hotel is a stone's throw away from the Angel Island Tiburon Ferry, Sam's Anchor Cafe, Servino's, and Don Antonio Trattoria. Due to the intimate size of this property, it is advised to book your room well in advance.
Here's to wishing you and your sweetheart a super "healthy & happy" romantic Bay Area getaway for Valentine's 2014 in Tiburon, California.
Until next time...keep the (healthy) party going ~ Aprilanne
California Living's insider's guide to Tiburon, Calif. featuring the story about how Sam's Anchor Cafe's famous San Francisco Crab Cioppino recipe came about airs on Tuesday, 2/11/2014 @ 6:30 a.m. on ION Television in the San Francisco and Sacramento Markets.