According to the platform's press release, the brand's goal is to "connect everyone in the world through the outdoor activities they love to do—from snowmobiling and skateboarding to hiking and fly fishing."
“We recognized the unparalleled passion of outdoor enthusiasts,” says Brian Howe, one of Thrill On’s founders and its Chief Strategy Officer, in the release. “These enthusiasts were missing a social platform and community where they could easily connect, discover, organize and share the content that inspires them.”
Press Release highlights:
- Thrill On connects everyone in the world through the outdoor activities they love to do. The platform allows users to discover, organize and share epic photos and video in more than 30 categories.
- Outdoors and active brands have already embraced the platform. Over 100 brands have created pages, including GoPro and Polaris.
- The site is growing quickly. In the nine months since ThrillOn.com was launched in beta mode, the site has developed an engaged community of over 370,000 Facebook followers and hundreds of thousands of visitors to the site each month.
- Users can upload their personal photos and videos or bring in new content from around the web using an easy bookmarking process. On Thrill On, content has greater longevity and can be discovered for months after initial tagging.
- An iOS app, available for free download in the Apple App Store, is coming this spring.
Whether you enjoy spending all of your time in the great outdoors or just really love watching an adventurous video, ThrillOn.com may be your new social platform of choice. As suggested in the press release, "Users can be inspired by people, destinations and adventures—or just live vicariously with less road rash."