Adding a decorative centerpiece can make an ordinary holiday table extraordinary. These charming non-floral centerpieces are easy and inexpensive to make, and are perfect for those on a tight budget. You can use items you already have, or purchase items from your local Dollar Store.
Ornament and Pine Cone Centerpiece
- Large glass vase
- Various round Christmas ornaments
- Pine cones
- Glue spray
- Place the pine cones on a covered work area. In a well ventilated room, coat each pine cone with glue spray, then sprinkle with glitter. Let dry. Gently shake each cone to remove excess glitter.
- Fill the glass vase with alternating rows of ornaments and glitter pine cones.
This holiday centerpiece would look lovely displayed on a lace runner placed at the center of your table.
Pine Cones and Fruit Holiday Centerpiece
- Pine Cones
- Various fruits (apples or pears)
- 2 pedestal pie stands
- Stack the pie stands on top of each other.
- Evenly space pine cones, fruits and potpourri on the top pie stand. Do the same around the bottom pie plate, and around the bottom pedestal.
This elegant display looks lovely on a lace tablecloth. For added drama and elegance, add a third pie stand to this holiday centerpiece.
Lighted Twig and Berries Centerpiece
- Battery operated clear light strand.
- Vine of Berries
- Walnuts and fruit
- Gather some long twigs from outside. Place them on a tarp to dry.
- Place the twigs down the center of your holiday table.
- Weave the lights and vine of berries throughout the twigs.
- Place fruit and nuts throughout the twig centerpiece.
This rustic centerpiece would look great displayed on a holiday plaid tablecloth.
Go to the Yankee One Dollar Store located at 1127 North Avenue #5 in Burlington, Vermont, to find inexpensive supplies to make these lovely holiday centerpieces.