The Fork at Point Reyes kicks off their spring Farm-to-Table series in February with three hands-on, back-to-basics classes – soups, pasta, and pastry -- led by their Executive Chef, Jennifer Lutrell.
These classes are “hands-on plus” -- the “plus” being a day in the country, a tour of the award-winning Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese dairy and creamery, a guided cheese tasting that often includes new cheeses that are not yet commercially available (although sometimes you can buy them to take home), and you get to play with the cows.
And that’s before the class even starts. The classes are held in the Fork’s professional kitchen, where there’s plenty of room to prepare food and cook. After class you’ll sit down for a light lunch in the center’s beautiful, light-filled dining room.
It’s like going on vacation for a day, only with food. And cheese.
The Fork is located just outside Pt. Reyes Station, in Marin County, less than an hour’s drive from San Francisco or the East Bay. Classes are $75 each ($200 for the 3-class series), and begin at 9:00 a.m., running until 1:30 in the afternoon.
Register online at theforkatpointreyes.com, or call 800/591-6878.
Here at the Back-to-Basics dates and details:
Friday February 8 - Super Soups
- Soup of Winter Greens & White Beans with Garlic (vegetarian stock based)
- West Marin Fish Stew (includes making your own fish fumet)
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Chili Oil & Toasted Pepitas (perfecting the puree)
Friday March 8 - Perfecting Pasta
- Linguini with Hog Island Clams & Fresh Garlic
- Ravioli with Point Reyes Toma and mixed West Marin mushrooms
- Baked Spring Lasagna with fresh asparagus, Point Reyes Fresh Mozzarella & Prosciutto
Saturday April 13 - Practical Pastry
- Spring Vegetable & Chicken Pot Pie
- Point Reyes Toma, Spinach & Mushroom Galette
- Bittersweet chocolate pudding tart with Fresh Strawberries & Crème Fraiche, Whipped Cream