Frangelico is a hazelnut and herb-flavored liqueur. Produced in Canale, Italy, and released in the 1980s, gaining attention largely because of its unusual packaging. The bottle was designed to look like a friar, complete with a knotted white cord around the waist. Frangelico is a popular cocktail around Christmas time, below are three recipes to make for your guests.
- 1.5 oz Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur
- 1.5 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
- 1.5 oz Bailey's® Irish cream
- 3 oz fresh cream
- 1 tbsp honey
Blend with ice and serve in a tall glass. Garnish with chocolate flakes and optionally chocolate topping drizzled down the inside of the glass.
- 2 1/2 shots Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur
- 1/2 shot grenadine syrup
- 1/2 shot Kahlua® coffee liqueur
Pour grenadine and frangelico into an ice-filled cocktail shaker, and shake until frothy. Strain into a chilled martini glass, and slowly add the kahlua. Garnish with a cherry or hershey's kiss, and serve.
Smooth Operator recipe
- 30 ml Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur
- 15 ml Kahlua® coffee liqueur
- 15 ml Bailey's® Irish cream
- 1/2 banana
- 60 ml cream
Blend ingredients in a blender with a scoop of crushed ice. Strain into cocktail glass.