Ever curious about what's on the mind of shoppers before they begin their search for the perfect gift?
Tada.com provides the answers with its recent survey and in-depth info graphic that revealed the inspiration behind shopper's purchases. Check out what they uncovered.
Some Interesting Study Stats:
* Social shopping really only exists with Gen Y: Far more influenced by their friends (and inclined to shop with them), than other generations.
* Men loved to shop with their wives: Women, not so much. (34% vs. 14%)
* Those with the HHI of 150K+ are most influenced by magazines (36% vs. 28% of general population); Gen Y most influenced by Blogs (12% vs. 5% of general population).
* When it comes to shopping, social primarily influences Women and Gen Y, though falls far behind other sources. (Pinterest & Facebook peak at about 20% with Gen Y.)
* Men much more likely to look for pre-purchase approval (29% vs. 19% of women).
* Baby Boomers most likely to cite children as a favored shopping companion; Gen Y most likely to cite mother. * Survey says: Nobody likes to shop with their mother-in-law.
You can view the infographic here: http://bit.ly/1jEzTIK