The weather is absolutely beautiful here in the Vero Beach area and even though the holidays are over, there are plenty of things to do in and around the area. One of my favorite things to do is a tour at the Jupiter Lighthouse and Museum. If you have not visited the Jupiter Lighthouse and Museum yet, now is the time to go! This weekend the lighthouse is offering a sunset cruise and a guided hike through history.
Here is everything happening this weekend in and around the Vero Beach area:
Friday, January 4, 2013
- Sunset Tour of the Jupiter Lighthouse and Museum at 5:15 p.m. starting at Lighthouse Park (500 Captain Armours Way) in Jupiter. Cost is $15-$20 per person. Call 561.747.8380 ext. 101 for more information or visit JupiterLighthouse.org.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
- Craft Fair hosted by the Craft Club of Sebastian from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Sebastian Riverview Park (650 Indian River Drive) in Sebastian. For more information call 321.327.5389.
- Flea Market from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. at the VFW Post 10066 (1805 NE Savannah Road) in Jensen Beach. For more information 772.334.9659 or visit vfwjensenbeach.org.
- Hike Through History from 8-10 a.m. at the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum (500 Captain Armours Way) in Jupiter. Call 561.747.8380 ext. 101 for more information or visit JupiterLighthouse.org.
- Family Movie Time featuring “Legend of the Guardians: The Owles of Ga’Hoole” at 2 p.m. at the Fort Pierce Library (101 Melody Lane) in Fort Pierce. For more information call 772.462.2812 or visit Library.StLucieCo.gov.
- Oxbow’s Guided Hike starting at 9 a.m. at the Oxbow Eco-Center (5400 NE St. James Drive) in Port St. Lucie. Form ore information cal 772.785.5833.
January 6, 2013
- Coastal Hammock Walk from 9-10:30 a.m. at Ocean Bay Preserve (7600 S. Ocean Drive) in Jensen Beach. For more information or to register call 772.971.5611 or visit StLucie.gov/erd.
- Guided Beach Walk from 8:30-10 a.m. at Stuart Beach (899 NE Ocean Blvd.) in Stuart. Cost is $10 per person. For more information call 772.255.0505 or visit FloridaOcean.org.
Check back later this weekend for a list of more upcoming events!