Before TomorrowWorld came to Atlanta, there was CounterPoint. The three-day music festival, which took place September 27-29, 2012, featured a full lineup of stellar acts including Bassnectar, Skrillex, Pretty Lights, AVICII, M83, and so many more. When TomorrowWorld was announced for 2013 during the same weekend that CounterPoint was previously held, CounterPoint fans were left to wonder whether or not the festival would make its return to Atlanta. Luckily for music fans in Atlanta, the Southeast, and, hell, all over the world, CounterPoint Music Festival returns this weekend, April 25-27.
Once again, CounterPoint's lineup is chock-full of talent. With more than 70 acts and four stages, the weekend will be filled with a ton of great shows. Where last year's lineup was heavily focused on EDM, there seems to be more variety this year in terms of genre. Case in point: OutKast is headlining on Sunday night! What a ride this weekend is going to be!
Here are the artists that I am excited to see. (See the full lineup here.)
Friday, April 25
- Mat Zo*
- Pretty Lights
Saturday, April 26
- Foster the People
- Wolfgang Gartner
- Above & Beyond*
Sunday, April 27
- Thievery Corporation
- Major Lazer
- Flux Pavilion
As if the lineup wasn't enough to get any music fan excited, CounterPoint Music Festival has even more to enjoy than great music.
- Art Village - Providing a visually stunning backdrop with works from a variety of artists.
- Daily workshops - Including meditation, yoga, and Scratch DJ Academy, who is offering hands-on lessons with instructors from the academy. Participants will get to take home their very own remix!
- Gamepoint - The game center will offer a variety of games including: chess, checkers, Jenga, Connect 4 and Twister in addition to some other classic yard games like cornhole, ladder golf and bocce ball! There will also be a bocce ball tournament.
- On-site activities - Such as complimentary hair styling from the professionals at Bed Head Beauty Bar.
- Silent Disco - Even more music with support from local talent and more.
- Camping - For those that want the full experience, there are several camping options available--from car and tent camping to RV and glamping.
- Food, beverage, and retail vendors - Can also be found throughout the festival grounds.
Tickets are still available for CounterPoint Music Festival. Visit counterpointfestival.com to purchase tickets online and for more info. Please note that CounterPoint is an 18 and up festival.