If you have been asked to bring dessert to this year’s Easter Sunday dinner, there’s still time to pull together a cheese cake that tastes so fabulous, no one will believe it didn't come from a bakery.
Here’s what you will need to make one cheese cake (serves 8-12 people)
1½ lbs. whole milk ricotta cheese (about ¾ of the 32 oz. size container)
2 8-oz. packages of regular (not low fat or non fat) cream cheese
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
6 tsp. flour
1 pt. regular (not low fat or non fat) sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
Cherry or blueberry pie filling or fresh berries (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and beat together, using an electric mixer.
2. Pour batter into a greased 10-inch spring form pan.
3. Place spring form pan on a cookie sheet and place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven.
4. Bake for 1 ½ hours. Turn off the oven, but leave the cheese cake in for one hour longer.
5. Allow the cheese cake to cool completely and then cover and refrigerate until it’s time to serve.
6. Top individual servings of cheese cake with pie filling or berries, if desired.
Be sure to tell everyone to safe room for this luscious dessert, which is sure to be the highlight of Easter Sunday dinner.
If you would like to receive an email when other food articles by Marylou Morano are published, click on Subscribe, above. Subscription is free.