The summer is probably the only season where accessories are typically kept to a bare minimum, if not nothing at all.
If we were to weigh in all the odds and consider the instinctive desires of wanting to bare as much skin as possible--especially in humid areas where every inch counts-- we're faced with the decision of choosing between beauty (you'll look adorbs!) and sanity (but your sweat glands will hate you for it later)
Then there is the potential risk of full sun exposure- which of course translates to extraordinary heat, and heat plus piled on accessories is nothing short of the biggest irritant since ceaseless mosquito bites.
Taking science out of the equation, a fashionista still has to do what a fashionista has to do!
In spite of the summer heat you can still rely on accessories to add a pinch of cool this season, not to mention there is still plenty of time for travel where accessories can and will come in handy.
A mire few summer events where accessories are fitting: festivals, bazaars, concerts, weddings and evening dates.
There are many accessory trends for summer '14 with the most operable being nature inspired themes.
It's not unusual to see nature at work in everything from pouches to handbags. From the tribal themes that took to the catwalks to animals leaping from their formative surroundings and onto jewelry, nature was everywhere figuratively and literally.
Natural elements are also behind the inspiration for this season's popular choice colors for accessories-- blue and green being the standouts.
Make a bold statement this season with these key accessories that explore this summer's top trends...
1. Dooney & Bourke Pansy Leather Leisure Tote $149 dooney.com
2. Lilac Mykonos Drop Earrings $36 baublebar.com
3. Valentino Chunky Metal-Edged Cat-Eye Sunglasses $396 neimanmarcus.com
4. Gold Fishbone Accent Body Chain $24 myjewelcandy.com
5. Michael Kors 'Everest' Baguette Crystal Bezel Watch $195 nordstrom.com
6. Alexis Bittar Phoenix Starling Ring $275 alexisbittar.com
7. Opulent Glamour Ruby w/Blue Chalcedony Centerpiece $398 dauphinesofnewyork.com
8. Nanette Lepore Wooden Beaded Clutch $139 revolveclothing.com
9. Kate Spade New York 'Smokin Hot' Earrings $32 nordstrom.com
10. Oscar de la Renta Resin Faceted Chandelier Clip-On Earrings $395 neimanmarcus.com