I don’t hold any records. I don’t train for races. I will even admit that I don’t run very fast by most standards. But I have run for years and plan to continue running as long as I can. I started running years ago when it was the only solitude I got as a stay at home mother of three.
As far as I can figure out this is why I run:
- Because I can.
- The meditative effect being alone provides.
- I feel capable of conquering the world at mile 1.
- Nothing else I do makes me feel as alive as I do around mile 2.
- I can solve a lot of problems in my head around mile 3.
- Insomnia is non-existent if I hit mile 4.
- I am a rock star in my own mind for anything after mile 5.
- Circulation does incredible things for creativity, focus and productivity post-run.
- Physical exhaustion is an under utilized feeling these days.
I have been meaning to try yoga or something else slower paced for some time, but find I just don’t have the patience for it right now. I guess I will slow down when I slow down. At this point in my life I like to go fast. This is why I run.