HENRY COUNTY, GA – March 18-22, 2013, is Georgia’s School Board Appreciation Week, sponsored by the Georgia School Boards Association (GSBA) to salute the efforts of local board members, and call attention to their contributions.
Members of the Henry County Schools Board of Education include:
- Dr. Pam Nutt, Chair (District 1) – 16 years of service
- Mr. Erik Charles, Vice Chair (District 5) – 10 years of service
- Mr. Ryan Davis (District 4) – 2 years of service
- Mr. Josh Hinton (District 2) – Serving first year on the Board
- Mr. Mike Griffin (District 3) – Serving first year on the Board
As constitutional officers of Georgia, school board members are:
- responsible for setting educational policies,
- employing school personnel,
- providing buildings and equipment,
- operating a transportation system and
- disbursing school funds.
As community leaders, school board members serve as student advocates and must study, evaluate, and choose actions in the best interest of all students.
“Our democracy relies upon dedicated community members willing to accept great responsibility as elected officials,” said Dr. Ethan Hildreth, Superintendent of Henry County Schools. “We are thankful for members of the Board of Education who have chosen to serve the students, educators, and families of Henry County in this important role.”
Board Members are required to complete several hours of training each year, in addition to regular monthly meetings and planning sessions. They also attend conferences and represent the district at various county events.
GSBA has served as a leader in Georgia's public education system since 1951, advocating for local control, and offering legislative representation, year-round training, risk management, finance services, legal, and policy services.
To follow Bruce Kendall, as the Stockbridge K-12 Examiner, click on the subscribe or RSS feed button.