In 1963, the Beatles drive to a night gig at the Cavern Club. It was a rough night for two reasons. Neil Aspinall, who was under the weather, didn't make the trip. And the windscreen of the Beatles van shatters, forcing assistant road manager Mal Evans to forge on without one. The Beatles had to lay on top of one another to stay warm.
In 1967, a copy of master mono mix RM11 of "Penny Lane" was sent to Capitol Records for use as an American single pressing. But Paul McCartney wasn't satisfied and had it redone two days later. The resulting RM14 removed David Mason's trumpet coda from the end of the song. The change came too late for some radio promotional copies, which still included the coda. The eventual single didn't.
In 1969, Alan Parsons works his first Beatles recording session.
In 1971, George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" hits the top of the UK single charts and stays there for five weeks. It was the first No. 1 song by a solo Beatle.
- (Last minute) McCartney Radio City Hall update
- Beatle news briefs 1/22: Latest Macca concert rumor -- Coachella Valley 'Fest
- Update: David Lynch Foundation web announcement for McCartney concert has disappeared
- This date in Beatles history -- Jan. 22 -- The Beatles begin to 'Get Back'
- Beatle news briefs 1/21: Paul McCartney to perform in April benefit concert in NYC?
- EXCLUSIVE: Hey, hey it's a Monkee: Davy Jones says Beatles were developed, not manufactured
- This date in Beatle history: Jan. 21 -- Wedding bells for George Harrison
- Beatle news briefs: A rare interview with Julian Lennon
- All we are saying on this Inauguration day is that John Lennon would be proud (watch the video)
- This date in Beatle history - Jan. 19 - Paul McCartney speaks at John Lennon Hall of Fame induction
- Beatles news briefs: McCartney raves on about Buddy Holly
- A little detective work uncovers new details about that rare Beatles interview
- The day Yoko opened the Lennon vaults
- Another fan gets autograph from Ringo Starr in the mail
- Rare 1965 Beatles backstage interview available free on the 'net
- Spinetti, Innes among guests at New York Metro Fest for Beatles Fans in March
- As promised, Ringo Starr puts up new video update on website
- An evening with Yoko Ono
- 'Cute Beatle' Paul McCartney thrills the ladies on 'The View' (with video links)
- Paul McCartney on 'The Howard Stern Show' -- the dirty details!
- EXCLUSIVE: Ringo Starr replies to 'website silence' stories
- Beatles news briefs 1/11/09: Actor from three Beatle movies charms NYC audiences with solo show
- McCartney's 'Amoeba's Secret' CD -- first details
- Getting back to 'Let It Be': An interview with author Doug Sulpy
- While you're waiting for that Beatles 'Let It Be' DVD