Can you demonstrate?
- a consistent, stable work ethic
- clear, critical thinking
Are you likable?
- relevance to the profession
- being real
Do you have a game plan?
- Create a brand. Sell yourself on paper and in social media. Digital portfolios like this one are easy to make and upkeep.
- Network by reaching out to everyone you know.
- Create a personal narrative to clearly define your values and goals.
- Focus on fitting your strengths into the industry you're applying to.
- Find a mentor in the field who can provide resources and contacts.
- Stay positive and confident that you can show and tell how you are marketable and worthy of being employed.
Can you survive a job interview?
- Practice holding conversations about your skill set and knowledge in the context of the field you're entering. If you are a student, visit your college career center to get feedback on your interviewing skills.
- Be prepared, pleasant, and prompt.
- Believe in yourself.