Legoland Florida has an on-site water park, but in 2013 it added a new way to get wet...or make that soaked. The new World of Chima section opened, with the Quest for Chi boat ride as its centerpiece.
The Quest for Chi is a boat ride with a twist. Everyone on board gets his or her own water cannon. You can aim at targets on the shore, but better yet, you can soak passengers in other boats and onlookers on shore. Just beware, because they're able to soak you back.
The ride is perfect for a hot day when your family wants to cool down. However, the water isn't the only thing about it. Lego fans will love all the carefully crafted scenes of the animal tribes throughout the boats' pathways.
Click the video at the top of this article to take a ride on Quest for Chi. Hit it early if you visit Legoland Florida on a hot summer day because the line will grow rapidly.
For all 13 of my top 2013 memories, click the links in the list below:
- Transformers Grand Opening at Universal Studios Florida
- Shrink Wrapped Space Shuttle Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center
- Overnight at the Magic Kingdom
- Antarctica opening at SeaWorld Orlando
- Night of Joy Lunch at Disney World
- Seeing John Landis at Halloween Horror Nights
- Scream Cam at HowlOScream
- Dining at Walt Disney World
- Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic
- SeaWorld Orlando Manatee Release
- World of Chima at Legoland Florida
- Grape Stomping at Lakeridge Winery
- Nutcracker Tea at Rosen Shingle Creek