I look forward to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida with eager anticipation each year. I'm a huge haunted house fan, so I love living in Central Florida and having easy access to both Halloween Horror Nights and HowlOScream.
Last year, I got to see Penn & Teller in person at the opening night media event, which was very exciting since I'm a big fan (their Bullsh!t show on Showtime was priceless). This year, Universal upped the ante by having John Landis on hand to talk about how the park adapted his horror movie classic, "An American Werewolf in London," into a haunted house.
I love so many John Landis movies, like "Trading Places," "Coming to America," and "Christmas Vacation." I had no idea what he'd be like in person, but let's just say that he's just as hilarious as you'd expect from his work. Click the video at the top of this article to see his question and answer session at the Halloween Horror Nights media presentation.
For more of my top 13 memories of 2013, click the links in the list below:
- Transformers Grand Opening at Universal Studios Florida
- Shrink Wrapped Space Shuttle Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center
- Overnight at the Magic Kingdom
- Antarctica opening at SeaWorld Orlando
- Night of Joy Lunch at Disney World
- Seeing John Landis at Halloween Horror Nights
- Scream Cam at HowlOScream
- Dining at Walt Disney World
- Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic
- SeaWorld Orlando Manatee Release
- World of Chima at Legoland Florida
- Grape Stomping at Lakeridge Winery
- Nutcracker Tea at Rosen Shingle Creek