I love HowlOScream at Busch Gardens Tampa, and I'm always excited to get an early taste of the event via Scream Cam. It's an opportunity to strap on a camera rig and venture into the first half of one of the year's new haunted houses. The price for this privilege is sharing my terrified reactions via the video.
My 2013 Scream Cam run was probably my favorite out of all the years I've been doing it. The haunted house, Death Water Bayou, was exquisitely themed and full of a plethora of unexpected scares.
Of course, I was easy to scare early on, as I was busily trying to soak in all the details. The scareactors know when you're distracted and they take full advantage of it. You can see my whole run-through in the video accompanying this article.
I did get a lights-on tour of Death Water Bayou later in the season, and I can attest to the fact that it's packed with little details you'll never notice as you stumble through it in the darkness, desperately trying to survive. This house replaced the long-running Nightshade Toy Factory, and since it was new for 2013, I suspect it's going to be around for a while.
- Transformers Grand Opening at Universal Studios Florida
- Shrink Wrapped Space Shuttle Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center
- Overnight at the Magic Kingdom
- Antarctica opening at SeaWorld Orlando
- Night of Joy Lunch at Disney World
- Seeing John Landis at Halloween Horror Nights
- Scream Cam at HowlOScream
- Dining at Walt Disney World
- Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic
- SeaWorld Orlando Manatee Release
- World of Chima at Legoland Florida
- Grape Stomping at Lakeridge Winery
- Nutcracker Tea at Rosen Shingle Creek