I'm a big Christian music fan, so I love Night of Joy at the Magic Kingdom. It's an amazing event that brings the best contemporary Christian bands to the park for two nights in early September. They appear on three different stages, so your only problem is narrowing down which bands you want to see and making sure you're at the night stage at the right time.
The event is enough on its own to make my top 13 list, but I had an added treat this past year. I had lunch with several of the artists, including some of my favorites like Building 429 and Steven Curtis Chapman. Each of the artists has an amazing testimony, and meeting them in person is such a powerful experience.
Night of Joy is a hard ticket even that starts after the park closes. Many of the rides are open, but don't count on riding them. You'll be much too busy rushing around and trying to catch as much of the great music as possible.
To see more of my 13 favorite experiences in 2013, go through the list below:
- Transformers Grand Opening at Universal Studios Florida
- Shrink Wrapped Space Shuttle Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center
- Overnight at the Magic Kingdom
- Antarctica opening at SeaWorld Orlando
- Night of Joy Lunch at Disney World
- Seeing John Landis at Halloween Horror Nights
- Scream Cam at HowlOScream
- Dining at Walt Disney World
- Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic
- SeaWorld Orlando Manatee Release
- World of Chima at Legoland Florida
- Grape Stomping at Lakeridge Winery
- Nutcracker Tea at Rosen Shingle Creek