The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is a gastronomic paradise, but just down the way there's an another event to match it. The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resorts host their annual Food and Wine Classic, with two nights of free-flowing food and adult beverages.
I attended the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic and was amazed at just how much food, wine, beer, spirits, and entertainment could be packed out onto the resort's causeway. Click the video at the top of this article to see a quick overview.
I absolutely loved this event, but I have to make a full disclaimer. I was in an exceedingly good mood because I attended one of their wine tastings beforehand. "Tasting" basically means enjoying as much wine as you wish from the sampled vinos while learning more about each one and their regions of origin. You can see the seminar in the video accompanying this article.
I met quite a few people who come down yearly for this event, and I could easily see why. The food included something for every taste, from prime rib to sushi, and the desserts and alcoholic indulgences were plentiful. If you stay right at the resort with one of their packages, you can enjoy all the alcohol you wish without worrying about how you'll get home.
For more of my 13 best 2013 memories, check out the list below:
- Transformers Grand Opening at Universal Studios Florida
- Shrink Wrapped Space Shuttle Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center
- Overnight at the Magic Kingdom
- Antarctica opening at SeaWorld Orlando
- Night of Joy Lunch at Disney World
- Seeing John Landis at Halloween Horror Nights
- Scream Cam at HowlOScream
- Dining at Walt Disney World
- Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic
- SeaWorld Orlando Manatee Release
- World of Chima at Legoland Florida
- Grape Stomping at Lakeridge Winery
- Nutcracker Tea at Rosen Shingle Creek