When you live in the Orlando area, you're bombarded with an almost endless variety of Christmas options. I love visiting the various theme park events, and Ice! at the Gaylord Palms Resort is always a big favorite. I also look forward to driving through the Nights of Shimmering Lights display.
This year, I had an opportunity to try something completely new: the Nutcracker Tea at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort. The resort holds a variety of holiday events, and the tea gets a huge thumbs up from me.
Of course, I do love high tea, so it's natural that I would love this event. It's a family friendly tea with plenty of traditional goodies, like finger sandwiches and scones, as well as kid friendly goodies like big, yummy gingerbread men and an endless stream of other desserts. I also loved the fact that there were several different types of tea. I made sure to try more than one.
During the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort tea, you get to watch selected scenes from the Nutcracker, and you also get to take photos with Santa Claus. It's the perfect way to add a nice Christmas flare to an impeccable high tea presentation.
For more of my 13 highlights of 2013, use the links below:
- Transformers Grand Opening at Universal Studios Florida
- Shrink Wrapped Space Shuttle Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center
- Overnight at the Magic Kingdom
- Antarctica opening at SeaWorld Orlando
- Night of Joy Lunch at Disney World
- Seeing John Landis at Halloween Horror Nights
- Scream Cam at HowlOScream
- Dining at Walt Disney World
- Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic
- SeaWorld Orlando Manatee Release
- World of Chima at Legoland Florida
- Grape Stomping at Lakeridge Winery
- Nutcracker Tea at Rosen Shingle Creek