With engagement season well underway (and Valentine’s Day right around the corner), concerns about purchasing THE ring are common. How do I figure out my girlfriend’s ring size? What if it doesn't fit? What if she hates what I chose?
To help answer these questions and make popping the question as easy as possible, the experts at James Allen offer nine turn-key tips to get it “just right” (and ensure a “YES!”):
1. Establish a budget. According to James Allen, the average budget is $5,000. Budget can dictate the style purchased. As everyone seeks “the most bang for their buck,” James Allen can help find the biggest “rock” for the money, balanced against shape, quality of diamond and metal options.
2. Do due diligence: Know preferences. James Allen indicates that the most satisfied customers often know before purchasing the styles their significant others prefer, for instance, a setting with side diamonds or a simple solitaire.
3. Educate yourself. Color, cut, clarity and carat size vary broadly. Each feature determines how expensive a ring will be. James Allen representatives are happy to educate potential buyers about each of these important facets.
5. Trust your vendor. Ensure your jeweler is reliable and trustworthy. One major advantage of James Allen’s website is its exclusive Diamond Display Technology that empowers customers to view the exact the diamond being considered for purchase, and view all 360° of it magnified 15X in high-resolution. This way, customers experience their ACTUAL diamond’s qualities, even more so than if viewed in a jewelry store, despite being viewed from the comfort of one’s home or mobile device.
6. Don’t give in to sales pressure. There should never be pressure to buy on the spot. The purchasing process varies greatly from person to person, and true professionals will never lay on the hard sell.
7. Size matters, sorta: A question commonly asked is how to determine the ring size to buy without ruining the surprise. Try borrowing a ring and getting it measured. Check with friends or family to see if they know. When in doubt, go big: you can always get it sized after the acceptance.
8. Bring her (or him)! Some significant others want to be involved in the ring selection. This is great because obviously, it helps to propose with the exact desired ring.
9. Breathe. This process may seem overwhelming. But if you plan ahead of time and consult the experts available to you, the process will be easy, and maybe even fun!
To ensure you and your fiancé love the ring, James Allen offers a generous 60-day return policy, for full refund or exchange, no questions asked. James Allen even pays for return shipping. They also boast a unique upgrade policy: any loose diamond purchased from JamesAllen.com can be exchanged at 100% credit for any replacement diamond 2x or greater in value.