If you are a business owner, have an idea for a new business or product, want to work from home, or are an investor in businesses, mark Wednesday, March 3rd on your calendar.
The Think Big Kansas City Conference will be in town, featuring Keynote Speaker Chris Gardner, the inspirational man behind the story in the movie The Pursuit of Happyness. There are more than 30 amazing speakers scheduled to speak on topics like:
- PR and media secrets
- Developing and selling a product on TV
- Turning your passion into a profitable business
- A guide to launching a successful Twitter campaign
- Understanding small business lending
- Building a personal brand that stands out
- Compensation and HR strategies
There is also a networking session with cocktails and appetizers to end the day.
And for all of you entrepreneurs and start-ups, there are two other powerful opportunities for you. First, a Start Up Expo ticket will allow you to have table space to show off your new venture or idea to potential investors, employees, partners and other companies who could help you be more successful. You will also be filmed giving your pitch to help publicize your idea to others around the country.
Second, you can enter your business plan into a competition, where it will be reviewed by Think Big staff, judges, other entrepreneurs and investors. What a great way to have a lot of qualified and connected people see your plan for themselves! The grand prize is an "Entrepreneur in a Box" package valued at more than $10,000. But hurry...the deadline for entry is this Thursday, February 25th.
This conference is sure to get your brain buzzing with even more ideas than you already have. And the chance to learn lessons from those who have already tackled the world of business is invaluable, especially in the rough economy we have today. Check out the conference info yourself and decide if this is an opportunity you can afford to miss.
* Note: The author is in no way affiliated with the Think Big Kansas City Conference, but feels it is important to share opportunities like this with other entrepreneurs.