Are you tired of doing the same thing every week and you're looking for adventure? Then check out this list of fun and inexpensive things to do in Los Angeles for the week of September 15-21, 2013.
Sunday September 15, 2013
- Celebrate the art and culture of Korea with a day full of hands-on fun, demonstrations, crafts, performances, and more at the Pacific Art Musuem (46 N Los Robles Ave, Pasadena, CA 91101.) This family festival is fun for all ages, and it's free and open to the public. The event goes from noon to 4pm. For more information, check out the Yelp invite: http://www.yelp.com/events/pasadena-free-family-festival-celebrating-korea
Monday September 16, 2013
- Yelp is throwing a free party on a yacht in Marina Del Rey (13755 Fiji Way, Marina del Rey)! Featuring a variety of sponsors such as Bombay Sapphire and Hamilton Wines, Rock the Yacht will have all the ingredients for drinking the night away--food, booze, music and other attractions. You must have a Yelp account to attend, and RSVPs are required. At the moment, there is a wait list. The event is held Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 16-17, 6-9PM. Yelp.com/events/marina-del-rey-yelps-rock-the-yacht.
Tuesday September 17, 2013
- Want to find investors and supporters for your startup, or are you interesting in investing in the next big thing? Then check out Be Great Fest 2013: LA Tech Startup Extravaganza. General admission is free, and it will be held at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood. The event will be held from 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM. For more information, check out their page on eventbrite.
Wednesday September 18, 2013
- Do you love fashion and television? Then visit Downtown LA's FIDM Museum and Gallery for its free exhibit 7th Annual Art of Television Costume Design. The gallery is open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10am to 5pm, and the exhibit will run until October 19, 2013. This year's exhibit includes costumes from such shows as Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Downton Abbey, and Girls. For more information, see its Yelp page.
Thursday September 19, 2013
- Every Thursday night, you can head downtown to the Westin Bonaventure (404 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA) to see live jazz in their hotel lobby. There are drink and food specials, and the event is cohosted with 94.7 The Wave. For more info, click here.
Friday September 20, 2013
- How important are statistics? Nate Silver, one of the country's leading statisticians, will be speaking at the University of Southern California on Friday, September 20 at 11AM. He has become today’s leading statistician through his innovative analyses of political polling, and he first gained national attention during the 2008 presidential election, when he correctly predicted the results of the primaries and the presidential winner in 49 states. Tickets to his lecture "Baseball and Politics are Data Driven. The Holt Lecture" are free, and there will be a book signing afterwards. To reserve your tickets, check out the events Eventbrite page.
Saturday September 21, 2013
- The Harvest Moon Festival or Zhongqiu Festival, is a popular harvest festival celebrated by the Chinese for over 3,000 years. Come celebrate this traditional festival in Chinatown (Cesar Chavez & N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012) on Saturday, September 21! Experience live music, baccarat, a Bamboo Lane Asian Night Market, craft beer, and much more! The event runs from 5pm to 11:30pm. For more information, check out its Yelp page.
- The Venice Beach Music Fest is back this year with a stellar lineup in music, art, and dance. This free-to-the-public, full day of entertainment will be in Windward Plaza Park (1 Windward Avenue, Venice, CA 90291) from 11am - 7:00pm.
If you want to stay in the know, please subscribe to me for weekly updates on what to do in Los Angeles.
If you have an event that you would like to have included in a future article, tweet me @teresalo_tweets.
If there is something I missed, let me know in the comment section below. Thanks!