The week ahead has a wide range of activites, whether one prefers to take in indoor culture or would rather enjoy outdoor events. The following lists highlights choice activities for each day of the week. For a complete list of events and exhibits in Balboa Park, click here.
- SUNDAY, January 6, 2013 - The holiday poinsettia display is still open for viewing at the Botanical Building. Daily 10a.m. - 4p.m.
- MONDAY, January 7, 2013 - Head over to the San Diego Natural History Museum, now known as the NAT, and take in a 3D film on their giant screen theater. The Last Reef 3D plays at 1p.m.
- TUESDAY, January 8, 2013 - Start the year off with a discount! This Tuesday is the second Tuesday of the month, with several museums in the park free for San Diego county residents. Click here for a listing.
- WEDNESDAY, January 9, 2013 - Indulge in a little chocolate, without taking in the calories. The San Diego Natural History Museum presents Chocolate - and exhibit exploring the connection between human culture and a rainforest treatsure. Daily 10a.m - 5p.m.
- THURSDAY, January 10, 2013 - MOPA, the Museum of Photographic Arts, currently has it's Annual Youth Exhibition, photo/Synthesis. This exhibit is on display during museum hours. For information, click here.
- FRIDAY, January 11, 2013 - Learn about the Mayan culture by taking in a film at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. Tales of the Maya Skies, a digital production, plays at 6p.m
- SATURDAY, January, 12, 2013 - Saturday may be a great day for music! Head over to the Case del Prado building and enjoy the Youth Symphony and their rehearsal music.8:30a.m until 7p.m.
- SUNDAY, January 13, 2013 - As Saturday was a day for music, Sunday may be a day for dance. Get up on your feet with beginners square dancing. 5:30p.m. Click here for information.
Balboa Park is perfect for all visitors on any given day. If the above list is not the perfect fit, an easy stroll around the park may be a great outing. For a full listing of offers, entertainment and information about Balboa Park, see their website here.