Remember 80s slasher movies? Okay, remember 80s horror movies in general? I love horror movies from the silent era and up to well the early 90s. Sure, there are some new great ones out there, recently, "Cabin in the Woods," wins my vote but I'm a vintage horror movie fan. The 80s for me had some of the cheesiest, scariest, and best horror movies out there. It seemed like there was an abundance of slasher films some better than others. One film that comes to mind is, "Friday the 13th" and let's face it that movie taught us many things. What things you may ask? Read on to find out:
1. Never go to a summer camp instead hang out at the local beach or at home in the AC during the summer, it's safer.
2. If the place is called Crystal Lake don't go there!
3. If someone warns you that the place is cursed, evil, and there was once a murder, listen to them even if they are the town's nutcase.
4. Like in every horror movie really, don't ever split up!
5. The final girl, there is always the final girl.
6. In case of an emergency always have a getaway plan especially if you are in the middle of nowhere.
7. If you're in town safe at a diner or anywhere don't go back, just stay and find a hotel.
8. Never ever mess with a mother and her children!
9. Don't ever hitchhike.
10. Last but not least "Friday the 13th," taught me that being a teenager can be dangerous.
So what did this movie teach you?