Family favorite meals are ones that make everyone in the house feel content, warm, full and glad there is a home-cooked meal ready for them after a long, cold and stressful day. Elbow macaroni, chili and cheese are the main ingredients in these chili bowls that is sure to charm and satisfy everyone at the table.
Cook up a pot full and serve in smaller bowls. A little bit does go a long way when you are eating a thick and hearty bowl of macaroni and chili.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 16 ounces of spicy tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- 3 ounces of shredded Cheddar cheese
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Cook the beef in a large frying pan until browned and completely cooked through.
- Add the elbow macaroni to the boiled water and cook until tender.
- Drain the excess fat from the pan.
- Add in the tomato sauce and chili powder and stir until the beef is coated well.
- Cook the chili on a high heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Drain the elbow macaroni well and add the pasta to the chili mixture.
- Then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer macaroni chili to individual bowls and serve while hot.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author: