Today Aug 21, 2013 Wizards of the Coast spoiled information about the five gods of "Theros," their upcoming expert "Magic: The Gathering" expansion set. All five gods are "living enchantments," each with their own "signature item" that will most likely be represented in the game by a legendary equipment. Among the new details include some gorgeous new artwork from the set, which you can check out in the attached slideshow.
The gods themselves are living enchantments. For this reason, all enchantments are thought to be gifts from the gods—a unique form of magic enabled by divinities.
Heliod, God of the Sun
- God of "law justice, retribution, and bonds of kinship."
- Signature weapon: Khrusor, the Sun Spear.
Thassa, God of the Sea
- God of "patterns, such as those of tides, currents, ripples in water, and even the passage of time."
- Signature weapon: Dekella (two-pronged spear).
Erebos, God of the Underworld
- God of "death."
- Signature weapon: Mastix (whip).
Purphoros, God of the Forge
- God of "the forge, the restless earth, and fire."
- Signature weapon: Akmon (hammer).
Nylea, God of the Hunt
- God of "the hunt, the seasons, and the forest."
- Signature weapon: Ephixix (shortbow).
Want to know more about each of the gods of "Theros?" Read the "Planeswalkers Guide to Theros, Part 1."
Which "Theros" god will you worship?
For more information about "Magic: The Gathering" visit www.MagicTheGathering.com.