I am excited to report that Sprouts Farmers Market (Sprouts) opens its doors on August 20 at 5130 Peachtree Parkway and they are celebrating in a big way. The store is open seven days a week from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. and they offer: fresh produce, bulk foods, vitamins and supplements, packaged groceries, meat and seafood, baked goods, dairy products, frozen foods, natural body care and household items, deli, and vegan, paleo, and gluten-free items.
Sprouts is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona and I have been shopping there ever since my mom moved to Mesa, AZ. Consumer Reports recently named this fast-growing retailer one of the top five supermarket chains. They opened their first Atlanta-area store in Snellville on June 18 and they now operate more than 175 stores in 10 states.
There are many things that make Sprouts unique: dairy section has 450 types of domestic and imported cheese, chicken is fresh never frozen and broken down in store, daily in house sausage production, bulk foods section features 250 items daily, an emphasis on offering local products, and their produce, which is very reasonably priced inhabits the center of the store.
All of their gluten-free products, and there are many, are noted with orange shelf tags throughout the store. When I visited the store in Snellville, I found: Venice Bakery's gluten-free pizza crusts and Greek calzones, The Dunwoody Bakery's new line of mixes, American Gra-Fruitti's ever expanding line of products, Canyon Bakehouse's bread in a refrigerated case, Milton's new line of baked crackers, Divvie's products, Katz Gluten Free's line of baked goods, a bakery table full of gluten-free goodies, and more.
In my experience, Sprouts offers more competitive pricing than that place that rhymes with Toll Tudes and its customer service far exceeds expectations. They also use a West coast distributor, which means consumers will get access to new products quicker.
Here are some of the deals being offered this week:
Wednesday, August 20 at 7 a.m.
- First 200 shoppers in line will receive 20% off their purchase
- 1 free reusable bag with purchase, while supplies last
- At checkout, every 15th shopper will receive a coupon booklets with exclusive Sprouts savings
- Free tastings and surprise giveaways throughout the day
Saturday, August 23
- First 100 customers to make a purchase will receive a coupon booklet for five free sandwiches
- 20 golden tickets will be hidden on products throughout the grocery aisles. Find one and you will get $20 off your purchase
Sunday, August 24
- At checkout, every 15th shopper will receive a coupon for five dollar off a $15 purchase, which is valid towards their next purchase
Mark your calendar and be on hand to check out what they have to offer.