On CBS's #1 daytime drama, the tension between Chelsea (Melissa Claire Egan) and Chloe (Elizabeth Elizabeth Hendrickson) escalates as the women prepare for their fashion show while things take a somner turn for Chelsea as she and Victor (Eric Braeden) are forced to deal with unexpected news. More on that in a minute, but first here is some behind the scenes news for "The Young and the Restless."
The theme on CBS over the weekend was country music as "The Young and the Restless" stars Josh Morrow (Nick) and Steve Burton (Dylan) were social media reporters at the Academy of Country Music Awards that took place in Las Vegas over the weekend. The pair gave viewers a behind the scenes look at the awards show that named retiring artist George Strait as Entertainer of the Year. For a complete list of ACM winners, click HERE.
Cady Mcclain (ex-Dixie, "All My Children") will be heading to Genoa City earlier than previously announced. McClain, who is taking over the role of Kelly from Cynthia Watros tweeted that her first airdate will be April 16th and not the 24th.
Rumor Report: Could "The Young and the Restless" be recasting Adam Newman who was last played by Michael Muhney? SOD reports that the show put out a casting call for a character named Aaron Newton, who sounds a lot like Adam. It's a contract role and the character is described as a "Caucasian male. MID 30s to LATE 30s. A very handsome, very SEXY, very appealing, very charming LEADING MAN. Aaron is a smart businessman, loves women, and can out maneuver even the shrewdest. NOTE: Actor must be AT LEAST 5'10 and have NO ACCENT PLEASE. This actor will carry major storylines. ONLY actors with strong acting experience will be considered." Look for "Aaron" to turn up sometime in May.
Spoilers for the week of April 7th:
- Victor and Chelsea deal with unexpected news
- Avery's new projects create a stir
- Billy and Victoria come to a crossroads
- Nick and Sharon butt heads
- Kevin tries to help Chloe get it together
- Nikki and Jill work to save Billy and Victoria's marriage
- Colin and Jill surrender to passion
- Kelly attacks Stitch
- Lily sees Devon and Hilary share an awkward moment
- Jack tries to fix things with Kelly
- Neil gets the rug pulled out from under him
- Dylan and Avery work to help Billy
- Michael turns to Paul for help
- Victor remembers old times with Adam
- Chloe attacks Chelsea as they prepare for the fashion show
"The Young and the Restless" airs weekdays on CBS.
To read more articles with actors from your favorite shows and movies, check out LA Music Examiner, Daytime TV Examiner, Classic TV Examiner and Animation Examiner. For more video interviews, visit our page: LA Music and TV Examiner. Also, follow us on Twitter at @spotliteonENT, @Phyllis_Thomas and @belindasLAmusic