Here is a summary of some of the stories your Examiner covered in 2012 that are of particular significance to members of Generation X:
The selection of Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan marks the first time that a member of Generation X has been on the presidential ticket in either major political party. Born in 1970, Ryan is six years younger than the previous youngest...
When baby boomers entered the workplace one of the deciding factors in selecting a career and employer was the pension plan offered by the company. A good pension plan could easily mean a lifetime of economic security. But that...
Friday’s announcement by Hostess Brands Inc. that the company will be liquidating has sent shock waves around the nation. The announcement has brought fears that the long loved bakery treat known as the Twinkie would come to...
Learn more about generations
- Builders / Traditionalists, born before 1944
- Baby boomers, born between 1943 and 1964
- Generation Xers, born between 1961 and 1980
- Generation Y, born between 1977 and 2000
- Millennials, born after 1998
Top books about generations
- Because I Said So!: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids.
- Bridging the Generation Gap: How to Get Radio Babies, Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers to Work Together and Achieve More.
- When Generations Collide: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work.