The women's business tribe

Women-business-tribe.jpg

I'm starting a tribe. A tribe for remarkable women in business, women worth talking about.

Seth Godin, author of multiple best selling books, entrepreneur, and marketing maven, in his book, Tribes, argues a point worth noting.

Lasting and substantive change can be best effected by a group of people connected to each other, to a leader and to an idea.

So who is going to be in the tribe?

Powerful tribes aren't open to everyone. The exclusivity makes it work. In this case, the exclusivity will come from three things:

1. Fantabulous women only will be in this tribe (sorry guys).
  2. Women selected for this tribe will be remarkable, unconventional, and represent powerful women that support one another.
  3. Moxie is required.

So what exactly is a tribe and why is it important?

The internet means geography isn’t so important, so if you can find people out there and connect them you can use that tribe, that group of people, to make change that matters.

So what change am I looking to make that matters?

I'm going use this tribe to connect my readers to women of beautiful quality, women with full tilt mojo, women who have something to say, women worth talking about. Fantabulous women only.

I will spotlight awesome women in business so my readers know where to go for great products, services, ideas, and inspiration. I do the leg work to select women to be in this tribe and my readers reap the benefit of connecting with amazing women

Who do you think should be in the tribe?

If you know a woman that I should consider to become a member of The Women's Business Tribe, add a comment to this post by clicking the Comment link at the top of this page (include your email address so I can get in touch). You can also contact me directly at mdutmers@riverforkconsulting.com.

By all means, nominate yourself too! Self-promotion is the art of spreading ideas, concepts, and a greater vision. Self-adulation is just the promotion of accomplishments, deeds that have already been done. Self-promote here.

My first chosen tribe member will be featured this week. Katrina Pfannkuch (fan-cook) is in the tribe. Stay tuned and click on the Subscribe button at the top to receive an email in your inbox any time I post.

Cheers!
Melissa

Comments

• Mary Sober 4 years ago

I recommend Heather E. Coleman of the Ferndale Career Center, metro Detroit. She provides incredible leadership, guidance, training and inspiration to hundreds of job seekers and career changers here in the epicenter of this recession and job-loss epidemic. She is smart, pragmatic and always looking forward. If geography is truly not an issue, I suggest her for your Women's Business Tribe. You can find her on Twitter (@HeatherEColeman) and LinkedIn.

• Melissa Dutmers 4 years ago

Hi Mary,
    Awesome!!!
    Shoot me an email at mdutmers@riverforkconsulting.com so I can connect with you regarding Heather!
    Cheers~
    Melissa

• Christy Shore 4 years ago

My vote is for Rhondalynn Korolak, author of "On the Shoulders of Giants". I'll share her facebook with you on your fanpage so you can connect.

• Melissa Dutmers 4 years ago

Christy -
    Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you.
    Cheers ~
    Melissa

• Deborah Morrison 4 years ago

I love your idea Melissa. We need more women-only tribes that focus on great women leaders. I'm recommending myself, not only because I would just love to belong, but also because I believe I have something to offer. But I'll let you be the judge of that. Find me @debmor00 and radicalkaizen.com

• Melissa Dutmers 4 years ago

Thanks Deborah! I just sent you a direct message Twitter. Please shoot me your email address. Cheers ~
    Melissa

• Holli Walker: 180 Women 4 years ago

More Women are Doing "180s!"
    Many of us think about doing a "180!" A life makeover. A style makeover. Or both. A life and style makeover. That could mean improving your career, better education, more income as well as the usual "be healthier" promise. So exactly how are women doing 180s in their quest to improve themselves? The results are inspiring because women have made incredible strides and are earning more than ever!

• Holli Walker: 180 Women 4 years ago

Although studies show that female breadwinners feel guilt, that's not stopping them from making things happen in the workplace. Did you know that the number of women and men in the workforce is almost even for the first time in history? Women have made incredible strides and are earning more than ever. You also may not realize that more women than men are enrolled in college and holding management positions. We have discovered exactly what women are doing to make this happen. Ladies, say goodbye to glass ceilings and men beware because women are taking over! Want to be one of these women who does a "180?" Want to transform ANY part of your life from career to relationships to lifestyle to money and everything in between? Read More at www.180woman.com

• Melissa Dutmers 4 years ago

Holly,
    I checked out your web site, www.180woman.com. Awesome! I'm so glad you found this article and added your comments. Best of luck to you and Darcy!
    Cheers ~