It’s a quiet week in the area surrounding Vero Beach, but I have managed to still find some exciting things to do. Activities and events include everything from a moonrise tour to a chef showdown and from dance to bingo. Let’s take a look what is happening this week in St. Lucie and Martin Counties…just a short drive from Vero Beach.
Monday, February 25, 2013
- Pet Fashion Show at 11 a.m. at Harbor Place (3700 SE Jennings Road) in Port St. Lucie. For more information call 772.337.4330
- Moonrise Tour from 5:30-6:45 p.m. (times may vary due to sunset times) at the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum, Lighthouse Park (500 Captain Armours Way) in Jupiter. To make reservations or for more information call 561.747.8380 ext. 101 or visit JupiterLighthouse.org
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
- Birding 101 from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Florida Oceanographic Coast Center (890 NE Ocean Blvd.) in Stuart. Cost is $170-$200 per person. For more information or to register call 772.225.0505 ext. 113.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
- Country Club Chef’s Showdown from 7-10 p.m. at The Club at Admirals Cove (200 Admirals Cove Blvd.) in Jupiter. Cost is $100-$150 per person. For more information call 561.265.6042.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
- Dr. Suess Days, Seuss-A-Bration Kickoff: “Swearing-in” ceremony for Dr. Seuss Days from 8-9 a.m. at the Blake Library (2351 SE Monterey Road) in Stuart. For more information, to register or to volunteer call 772.221.1407 or visit Library.Martin.FL.us
- Solid Gold Dance Band from 7-10 p.m. at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center (9221 SE Civic Center Place) in Port St. Lucie. For teens and up. Cost is $5 in advance and $6 at the door. For more information visit cityofPSL.com/civic.
- Bingo Italian Fest at 5 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church (5150 Railway Avenue) in Port Salerno. Cost is $10 and includes dinner and 3 bingo cards. Call 772.286.5455 to make your reservations.
Check back later in the week for a list of this weekend’s upcoming events.