The Washington International Horse Show (WIHS) is returning to the Verizon Center October 21-26.
The WIHS features
• The country's leading metropolitan indoor horse show
• It annually produces one week of exciting events and world-class competition in the nation’s capital
• Spectators are invited to watch some of the world’s best international show jumping, elite hunter competition, and the top junior riders in the country
• VIP hospitality, boutique shopping and a silent auction add to the special experience
• Family-friendly entertainment options including the WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase Championships and other exciting equestrian exhibitions
• Saturday’s free Kids' Day
• Thursday’s Barn Night, featuring spirit contests, scavenger hunts
• Wednesday morning’s Breakfast with the Mounted Police
• For further event details visit: http://www.wihs.org/schedule
Highlights of the 2014 WIHS include
• The $125,000 President's Cup Grand Prix (a World Cup qualifier) on Saturday, Oct. 25
• The $25,000 Puissance (high jump competition) on Friday’s Military Night, presented by The Boeing Company
• The WIHS Equitation Finals, featuring the country's top junior riders, also on Saturday.
• More than half a million dollars in prize money and special awards will be presented at the show throughout the week.
About the Washington International Horse Show
• Established in 1958, the Washington International Horse Show attracts more than 26,000 spectators to the six-day show, which includes Olympic-level competition along with community and charity events
• More than 500 top horses and riders come to D.C. from all over the globe to jump for more than a half a million dollars in prize money
• In 2014, the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI), the international governing body for all Olympic equestrian disciplines, raised the show’s rating to CSI4*-W to reflect the increase in prize money for international show jumping
Additional information on the show if available at www.wihs.org