"The Vampire Diaries" season 5 premieres next week with "I Know What You Did Last Summer," and thanks to the CW, we got to watch it Thursday, Sept. 26. If you were worried about how things might change with some characters going to college, don't be.
Though Elena and Caroline are off to Whitmore College in "The Vampire Diaries" season 5, don't think that means they're going to forget about Mystic Falls. "I Know What You Did Last Summer" does a pretty good job of balancing the two locations and catching us up on what everyone was doing over the summer and where they are now. Here are six observations/minor spoilers about the "TVD" season 5 premiere:
- "Wild" doesn't even begin to cover Matt's summer with Rebekah. Or what may be coming for him. Let's just say we're excited for Matt's storyline this season.
- Katherine really needs to take a "How to Be Human 101" class.
- Elena and Damon are happy and in their honeymoon bliss, but the show hasn't forgotten about Elena and Stefan's connection.
- "The Vampire Diaries" continues the trend of TV characters getting dorm rooms at least twice the size of real ones, especially for freshmen.
- It's not going to be so easy for Elena and Caroline to just pretend to be normal college students.
- Silas is, well, Silas. He's evil. And like when Stefan is the Ripper, it gives Paul Wesley the chance to do something different than we're used to seeing and deliver the standout performance of the episode.
"The Vampire Diaries" season 5 airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on the CW. "I Know What You Did Last Summer" airs Oct. 3. What are you hoping to see this season in Mystic Falls and at Whitmore College?