Doug Ross has a comic-strip version of the story under the heading “Death Panel Comix,” but he will be the first to tell you this is no laughing matter. Andrew Magione, writing at the website of the Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC), notes that the most transparent administration in history quietly announced late on the Friday before Thanksgiving that deep cuts would be made Medicare program’s home health benefit to offset the costs of Obamacare.
To be sure, the timing of the Administration’s quiet announcement did keep it out of sight — for a while. That ended on December 12th, however, when the Washington Examiner broke the story in an article headlined ‘ObamaCare forcing 14 percent cut in Medicare’s home health program.’ FOX News and the Daily Caller have also picked up this story, so full attention is now being paid to this unprecedented cut — and the harm it will do to frail seniors across America.
Here is the sobering bottom line: Some half a million (14% of the estimated 3.5 million) homebound senior citizens will wake up on New Year’s Day to discover their “safety net” is gone. According to the federal government’s own data, these seniors are older, poorer, and sicker than the Medicare beneficiary population as whole. What that means is that many will be forced out of their homes and into “treatment facilities for the aging.”
- Liberal Ivy League grad student vents at Daily Kos over Obamacare’s ‘unintended consequences’
- The uninsured have now taken a back seat to the once insured
- Another day, another power grab designed to salvage the badly broken health care law…
- It’s the law … except when it isn’t
- Gaming Obamacare: A loophole that will result in massive fraud and overload the system
- About that Obamacare penalty: The government has no way of enforcing it
- Viral Volvo ad sold trucks, Pajama Boy sells… cluelessness
- Pajama Boy and a president who just doesn’t get it
- Skepticism over Obamacare grows: 53% of uninsured don’t like law
- The Prune and the Danish
- How the West was lost by the selfie president
- Is Obamacare ad creepy or effective? You decide
- Obamacare shows America’s aversion to big government
- Is Obamacare really an improvement on the status quo?
- Obamacare ads that will strike terror into the hearts of Dems in 2014
- Obama desperately fiddles with knobs and dials, hoping one will turn America on to Obamacare