With the New Year quickly approaching the Twitterverse has begun reflecting on those #2013Regrets. The hashtag began building momentum Monday, just days before the start of the New Year. With so many responses directed at social media and the internet in general, perhaps it’s time to turn off your smart phone and begin your celebrating a day early in the real world far from these regrets.
It seems obvious from the responses that everyone spends too much time online. Whether it is on YouTube, Twitter, a dating website or just searching Google, society has become too dependent on the online world. Check out some of today’s best #2013Regrets surrounding social media and the internet below.
Google, always a great place to find information can also be a horrible place to find information.
- Desi jedeikin: “Googling my Dad #2013Regrets”
- OLI: “Searching for 'what rhymes with hug me?' #2013Regrets”
There are always pros and cons to joining a website but the cons are always better.
- Matt Faure: “#2013Regrets I joined Twitter. And I'm 38.”
- Brooklynn Middleton: “http://Ancestry.com membership. #2013Regrets”
- Corrie Becker: “#2013Regrets all the eHarmony invites I did NOT ignore”
First world problems include etiquette rules gone wrong on social media.
- Sapna Maheshwari: “the thousands of insincere facebook likes i handed out like candy #2013Regrets”
- Carlo Ang: “watching everyones 2013 best moments on instagram montage #2013Regrets”
- Landy: “#2013Regrets Unfriending my BFF on facebook, which killed the "Friends since October 2009" detail. Ouin.”
- Kristin: “#2013Regrets ruining a perfect response with the incorrect use of your/you're.”
- Alex Zavarise: “accidentally liking that Instagram picture from 38 weeks ago... today #2013Regrets”
- Sami Rahman: “poorly decided filters #2013Regrets”
Selfie was named word of the year by Oxford, live-tweeting your favorite show became popular and the hashtag took over social media during 2013. Some of the biggest regrets being listed today are those surrounding social media trends from the past year.
- Kimberly J. Brown: “#2013Regrets all those unused selfies i took as possible twitter avatars that now just clutter my iphone memory”
- Robert Caruso”: “not enough Sharknado jokes with @swin24 #tear #2013Regrets”
- Pananarama : “I can't twerk #2013Regrets”
- Lorissa Grant: “All the #hashtagging #2013Regrets”
- Leah Harmon: “What are your #2013Regrets?? Obviously my main one is not taking enough selfies...”
- El Terrible: “Didn't "Harlem Shake" enough #2013Regrets”
- William Bradley: “#2013Regrets Not dedicating my time to becoming Vine famous. I was almost there.”
- Leti P: “Following Pinterest instructions on how to braid my hair #2013Regrets #pinterestfail”
- Jay Dee: “Live-tweeting Lifetime's Anna Nicole Smith biopic #2013Regrets”
- Sapphire Bowers: “#2013Regrets Leaving my Twitter account open on someone else's phone<<”
- Sam Sweeney: “#2013Regrets every tweet I sent after 2 am”
- Oscar Diaz: “TWEETING IN CAPS #2013REGRETS”