1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Arts & Entertainment
  3. Movies

'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' surpasses $120 million in three days

'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' - Summit Ent.

More Photos

Figures from Friday's box office are in, and, according to Entertainment Weekly, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse took in another $28.6 million on Friday.

This adds to the $92.5 million it'd made on Wednesday and Thursday to make a domestic total of over $120 million from the first three days.

With these new estimates, it is predicted by EW that Eclipse will take in over $200 million by Monday.

Gossip Cop, too, has weighed in on the figures and suggests that "For the standard, three-day weekend (Friday through Sunday), the film is projected to earn $80.2 million. Including Monday, the four-day holiday weekend is expected to gross $106.1 million."

Should be interesting to see whether these estimations prove correct!

See also:

'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' remains number one on day two of release, opens strong internationally
'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' enjoys biggest Wednesday opening ever

Twilight Examiner: YouTube  Twitter  Facebook  MySpace Email

Comments

• Tamanna 4 years ago

Omg that's amazing I'm soooo glad hope it earns in billions .. Congratulations ..

• Carmen 4 years ago

It as an amazing movie, so I"m pretty sure it was going make that much money!! Team Edward!!

• Zoey Redbird 4 years ago

We Twi-hards must come together and each see the movie at least four times to make Eclipse the biggest movie EVER! Ha.
    And I'm with you, Carmen. Team Edward forever!

• Terri 4 years ago

Well....I've already seen it three times with different people!

• EmmaPants (@CallMeChester) 4 years ago

WOWZA! I saw it at the midnight release last night, loved the fight scenes & the training!

• sharon 4 years ago

I have already seen it 3 times with 3 lots of diff ppl and I am about to go and watch it on my own for the 4th time. can't get enough of it!!! well enough of Edward really :) he is so beautiful in this movie!!!

• Summer 4 years ago

I'm happy that each movie gets better and better! I've seen Eclipse twice already, and I plan on seeing it at least once a week while it's still in the theaters. I was Twilight about ten times in the theater, and New Moon about five times. Eclipse surpassed my expectations by leaps and bounds. Eclipse is my lease favorite book, but is really my favorite movie so far. It was beautifully directed, and the acting was top-notch this time!

• KiwiNZ 4 years ago

omg it's the era of the emo lols

• Nahom twi lover cullen 4 years ago

wooooowwwww Congratulations for me and for allllll twilight lovers we are toooo happy now. cooooooz we love twilight sooooo much.......!