Today is day 12 of The Twelve Days of Christmas Cookies, and to wrap things up, we have another classic cookie. We love Oatmeal Raisin Cookies because they evoke childhood memories of Grandma's kitchen and the smell of homemade cookies baking (can you smell the cinnamon?). Crispy yet chewy, with the sweetness of raisins, these cookies have it all! While they won't be the most glamorous cookie on your Christmas cookie tray, these humble yet classic treats certainly deserve a place of honor at your house this year!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups uncooked oats (quick or old fashioned)
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside
3. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars on medium speed with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely before storing, tightly covered.