The Golden Age of television included a number of sitcoms people still consider icons. The 1950s and 1960s harbored ten that experts consider to be the best ever.
10. Leave it to Beaver 1957-1963
The perfect family.
9. The Donna Reed Show 1958-1966
Upper middle class home life.
8. The Andy Griffith Show 1960-1968
Simple, ethical, southern life.
7. The Abbott and Costello Show 1952-1954
If you like slapstick.
6. Make Room for Daddy 1953-1965
Danny Thomas, one outstanding daddy. He has Marlo Thomas to show for it.
5. The Jack Benny Program 1950-1965
One of the funniest cheapskates ever.
4. The Phil Silvers Show 1955-1959
Sgt. Bilko and his get rich quick schemes.
3. The Dick Van Dyke Show 1961-1966
The whole setting was fantastic, and Mary Tyler Moore became a true icon.
2. The Honeymooners 1955-1956
The great Jackie Gleason and his sidekick, Art Carney.
And the classic sitcom considered the very best by a panel of experts:
1. I love Lucy
The first to have a live studio audience.