A new year is upon us with new opportunities for your business to achieve sustainability, boost profits and become a good steward of the environment. Here are several of the most popular and beneficial green business trends on the current horizon:
- Adopting keener green marketing practices – Publicizing your company’s environmental accomplishments and benefits is fine, but a bit passé. It’s time to tie sustainability into your business’ brand to show customers that they, too, can be a part of the green revolution by buying your products.
- Share and share alike – Your business can save money and the environment by borrowing, lending or renting equipment. There are numerous sharing websites to accommodate your needs including Yerdle, Uniiverse and Skillshare.
- Focusing on financial payback – If you aren’t already doing so, involve your company’s chief financial officer in your sustainability efforts. Make sure you do return on investment analysis before you invest in company upgrades to put more “green” in your profit margin.
- Tracking your sustainability progress – Enhance your company’s data gathering and benchmarking practices so you can substantiate your achievements and make cost-effective improvements.
- Promoting telecommuting – More than 3 million American employees already telecommute to work. It helps reduce the energy needs of their companies as well as carbon emissions. To learn more about the advantages of telecommuting, click here.
To read about more sustainability trends for 2013 and beyond, click here.
Want to keep up with the latest news and advice on green products and practices? Then click on the Subscribe button at the top of this page for regular updates.
To access an extensive archive of green business articles, click on my name.
And if you like an article, please share it on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter or Facebook.