We are closing down another year and welcoming a new one; and in the world of beauty and health, 2013 has been a great year for the spa industry. The day spa industry did see growth, but medical spas became the trend, and the standard; a Gray’s Anatomy if you will. A client becomes the patient, and coming in for a checkup becomes something the not just women but men are now looking forward to. Because at the end of the doctor’s “checkup”, you can then get Botox, fillers, a massage and/or a facial.
Here is a list of the Top Five Medical Spa Treatments:
1. Laser Treatments: skin and hair removal by Lasers have grown by 50-75%. Why have these treatments increased? Because the lasers have become hi-tech, and better because demographically lasers now can be treated on any skin type from the lightest skin color to the darkest.
2. Micro-needling or Derma rollers: this is a device that naturally increases the levels of collagen and elastin in your skin, for the best results hyaluronic serums, kojic serums, and/or salicylic serums should be used to combat the specific skin issue.
3. Botox: it has been around since 1980, and it has gotten even more popular. The little needle that magically takes away wrinkles, can now be used to combat migraines, severe armpit perspiration, and it even helps to relieve urinary inconstancy related to nerve damage from spine injuries.
4. Fillers: add volume to the depressions in the skin, the most popular; Juverderm.
5. Chemical Peels: whenever anyone says or thinks about “the peel” the image of Samantha from Sex and the City resonates of flesh the deepest red because almost all layers of her skin is gone. Well thanks to the powers that be, you can go get a peel at lunchtime and no one will know why you look so refreshed when you come back from lunch.
There you have it; so don’t be so jealous when your neighbor looks like she never has a hard day, believe take pity her doctor works hard for her.
Cheers and Have a Great and Awesome 2014!