With the 2012 year officially over, it is now time to look back at the top 12 fantasy outings in the 2012 NFL regular season.
Keep in mind; these weekly scores are based off standard scoring leagues.
12. Dallas Cowboys’ wide receiver Dez Bryant cracks the list with his 34.40 fantasy points scored against the New Orleans Saints in Week 16. Bryant had nine receptions for 224 yards and two touchdowns in the loss to the Saints.
11. Kansas City Chiefs’ running back Jamaal Charles had many great fantasy weeks, but his best was in Week 3, where he scored 34.80 fantasy points against the New Orleans Saints.
10. Washington Redskins’ rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III has to be the most surprising fantasy player this season. Griffin scored the fifth most fantasy points of all players this year, but his best week was only good enough for the 10th best in 2012, as he scored 36.08 fantasy points against the Minnesota Vikings in Week 6.
9. Carolina Panthers’ quarterback Cam Newton has two of the top 12 fantasy outings this season. His second best happened in Week 14, where he scored 37.08 fantasy points vs. the Atlanta falcons.
8. Cam Newton’s best fantasy week was against the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 12, where he put up 37.44 fantasy points.
7. Tennessee Titans’ defense/special teams had the seventh best week in fantasy this season, when they scored 38.00 fantasy points vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 17.
6. Houston Texans’ quarterback Matt Schaub only scored the 23rd most fantasy points this year, but produced an impressive 39.08 fantasy points against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 11.
5. Green Bay Packers’ quarterback Aaron Rodgers was the second best fantasy player this season and provided the fifth best fantasy week, when he scored 39.22 fantasy points vs. the Houston Texans in Week 6.
4. Robert Griffin III was not the only Redskins’ rookie to piece together an impressive fantasy week, as running back Alfred Morris was able to score 39.20 fantasy points against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 17.
3. Seattle Seahawks’ rookie quarterback Russell Wilson was owned in only 35 percent of fantasy leagues, but was able to put up the third best fantasy week, when he scored 39.40 points vs. the Buffalo Bills in Week 15.
2. Seattle Seahawks’ defense/special teams put their quarterback’s numbers to shame in Week 14, when they scored 41.00 fantasy points against the Arizona Cardinals.
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ running back Doug Martin tops the list with the most fantasy points scored in any week during the 2012 NFL season. In his Week 9 match-up vs. the Oakland Raiders, Martin rushed for 251 yards, four touchdowns and a season high 51.20 fantasy points.
For e-mail updates whenever a new article is posted, please use the SUBSCRIBE button to follow me. Also join me on Twitter: @apalinckx89 or E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org