Have you ever ask yourself your purpose why you’re here? Many of us focus on their career, family, self-improvement, focus on inner-self, and we can go on and on. However, we seldom focus on God, the creator. He has a big purpose in us that we neglect to decipher and stop what it is?
Stop for a moment and ask ourselves … what is the driven power within me that my life is important? Why am I here? Do I have to contribute something out of my gift that God has given me? It is good to be a better person to my friends and family, and build my career. Is that enough?
We may read some uplifting books that are self-centered, i.e., to be a healthy person, good speaker, how to win friends, how to look with others, support and so on. Is this enough to reach its goal to suffice oneself?
Why God gave the number of 40 days? What is the significance of that number? God gives his task to anyone, and it takes 40 days to accomplish such assignments.
- Noah’s life was transformed, when it rains and wiped out humanity, by 40 days.
- · Moses was transformed by 40 days on Mount Sanai. When confronted by God.
- · The spies were transformed by 40 days in the Promised Land; when the Jews received Manna.
- · David was transformed by Goliath’s 40-day challenge; and defeated Goliath.
- · Elijah was transformed when God gave him 40 days of strength from a single meal.
- · The entire city of Nineveh was transformed when God gave the people 40 days to change.
- · Jesus was empowered by 40 days in the wilderness; when confronted by the Devil.
- · The disciples were transformed by 40 days with Jesus after his resurrection.The birth of the Church, Pentecost Sunday.
Let’s begin this journey by focusing on God. It is very clear he gave his instructions through the Holy Scriptures … “It is God who directs the lives of his creatures; everyone’s life is in his power.”
Life is so precious in the eyes of God because he created us through the image of his likeness when Jesus came into being.
You have to know God in order to know your existence otherwise you’ll never get the answer.
How long do you think you live on earth as God’s creation? Thirty, forty, sixty, seventy, 100 years old? No one knows how long we’re going to last? Therefore, if we do not know the time we’re leaving earth then we have to know its purpose why we’re here in order to align to God’s purpose.
There was an Atheist, Bertrand Russell, said: “Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.”
“For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him.” Colossians 1:16
It is so clear we must attached ourselves to him in order to know the purpose that God’s intends us to do. Humanity bound to failure because we are looking on our inner-self instead of searching for him.
It is in Christ that reveals the purpose of humanity in order to live our lives to the fullest.
Contemplate and meditate on God by asking this question: Despite the challenges of life that come my way … what is the purpose that you want me to do?
To be continued …
Reference: The Pupose Driven Life by Rick Warren