Okay. So, it has happened. The world hasn't come to an end by any means, but for millions of Americans life will get more difficult. It is with you in mind that the following recipe is offered up for a few bites (and laughs):
- Start with two slices of your favorite bread. You'll want them toasted, so really hold them over the coals and grill them.
- While the bread is still nice and hot, place some slices of your favorite cheese on the lower slice and let it melt. Be as liberal with your cheese as you like. The cheesier, the better.
- What Shutdown sandwich would be complete without some bologna? Again, toss as many slices of bologna on your sandwich as you like. You got to have lots of bologna.
- Next, add a few pieces of fresh lettuce. Check that. We will have to wait a while on the lettuce. Use cabbage in its place until further notice.
- Spoon on some of your favorite relish. You have to relish the shutdown.
- Finish the Shutdown sandwich off with the other slice of bread.
Be sure to chew slowly and wash it down well. You wouldn't want to choke on it and end up in the ER. That would cost you a small fortune!