We live in times that are so full of stress and wonder about the future. The future looks bleak to many, so-so to others, and yet still others put on a hopeful smile looking for the best. Life appears to go on every day as usual, but is it usual? Isn't there a stirring? Isn't there an urgency in hearts that call out to God? Isn't there something different going on in our world at this time? Doesn't it really feel like there is a climactic moment coming to our nation and the rest of the world?
Yes, there is! Many people are feeling the stirrings of revival as well as the stirrings of calamity. The thing is though, that both of these kinds of events are coming. One of them comes on the heels of the other. Why? Because that is human nature; man, throughout all of history has responded to God through calamity. God surely does want his people to turn back to him; for man's sake. When man turns away from God he slips deeper into sin, collectively as well as individually. The entire world will be a part of what is coming.
The entire world is is experiencing a massive escalation of intensity towards
- sin; chief being abortion, legalizing and/or acceptance of homosexuality(even by church leaders or denominations), cloning of humans, embryos as well as the unborn being killed and used for research, killing of the handicapped or infirm etc. etc. etc.
- power, money, control of people and nations
- amassing of goods by conglomerates, those who are losing their livelihood
- nations fighting with and wanting control or annihilation of each other
- many people dying needlessly due to incorrect or poor teaching in nutrition
- political parties increasing in division and it's people increasing in an "entitlement" mentality
- incredible escalation of the frequency and intensity of natural calamities around the world from one day to the next
- a nation whose leader's have turned against Israel such as we have now will increase the pain of the woes to come upon us
The list goes on and on but where will it end?
Only God has the actual time set to bring a people back to Himself. He has done so throughout history with His people in Israel. But the Lord is bearing on the hearts of those who are His as well as those who are not that something is coming and coming soon. Because we are in the last days of the earth as we know it, this move of God will be the most monumental ever seen in the history of the earth. So will the catasrtophic events! The Islamic factor will play a huge role in the events to come.
Who can save us?
Regardless of beliefs about religion, God is God and belongs not to any one of them. He alone is God. He alone saves. He takes not one cloak of the world's religions upon Himself to identify! He is in them (some individuals) but not of them. He is the Great I AM and needs no words to defend the righteous holiness of who He is and what He does in heaven or on earth. He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob revealed through His Son, Jesus Christ. That's it! No other name saves. It is not just about calling out His name by your mouth. It is about calling on Him from the depth of the heart to have an actual speaking-with-you-as-a-friend-every-day relationship. It is so intimate that your very breath is caught up with His stirring within you. Your every thought is towards Him and speaking with Him and listening for Him to speak to you. The tenderness and joy that is shared is constant unto the praise of His person and the appreciation or gratitude for all that He has done in our world and in our lives. If anyone feels they fall short of that; there is work to be done!
Words of Hope and Safety
Psalm 91 was penned for encouragement and hope for calamitous times of body or soul.
- He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
- Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
- He will cover you you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
- You will not feel the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day
- nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
- A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
- You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
- If you make the Most High your dwelling- even the Lord who is my refuge-
- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
- For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
- they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
- You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
- "Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
- He will call upon me, and I will answer Him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
- With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."
One last time!
Look at what is coming as one last monumental gathering of souls into the Kingdom of God by God pushing back the evil that is clouding this world more every day. There is such spiritual evil and deceptive power going for the souls of men to take them into Hell and at the same time the Lord will make one last move to hold that evil back, for a moment, in order to reawaken men to be able to see Him, hear Him, and follow after Him; one more time!
6. Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near. 7. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy toward him, and to our God, for He will freely pardon.
Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles from this author become available. Just click on the SUSCRIBE button above or below. Please feel free to make a comment or just sign in to let her know that you were here.
Every visit to any of the articles by this author sends a donation to the Armenia Widows Fund through the missions of World Challenge.