Minor league players continue to compete to improve their skills and remain competitive after the "regular" season is over. These off-season leagues include the Caribbean Leagues, Australian Baseball League, and Arizona Fall League.
The Arizona Fall League has six teams that are fed by the following parent clubs:
- The Glendale Desert Dogs – Minnesota Twins, Los Angeles Dodgers, Cincinnati Reds, Chicago White Sox and the Florida Marlins
- The Peoria Javelinas – Houston Astros, Philadelphia Phillies, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners and the Kansas City Royals
- The Scottsdale Scorpions – Atlanta Braves, San Francisco Giants, Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Mets and the New York Yankees
- The Mesa Solar Sox – Los Angeles Angels, Oakland A's, Chicago Cubs, Washington Nationals and the Detroit Tigers
- The Salt River Rafters – Toronto Blue Jays, St. Louis Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Tampa Bay Rays and Colorado Rockies
- The Surprise Saguaros – Milwaukee Brewers, Cleveland Indians, Baltimore Orioles, Texas Rangers and the Boston Red Sox
Sea Dogs playing for the Surprise Saguaros
Eight Sea Dogs players are on the Surprise Saguaros roster.
The 2013 Arizona Fall League season kicked off on Tuesday, October 8 with the Surprise defeating the Javelinas by one run. The Saguaros will be taking on the Javelinas again today at 12:35 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. Sea Dogs fans can follow the Saguaros on Gameday.