It's one of the "big" awards of the season. The Screen Actors Guild Award nominations were announced live today via webstream by actors Sasha Alexander and Clark Gregg (from "Rizzoli & Isles" and Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." respectively). The 20th annual SAG Awards will be simulcast live on TNT and TBS on Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014 at 8 p.m.
There were several TV categories announced this morning, but here are the nominees in the five movie categories that were announced:
MALE ACTOR IN A LEAD ROLE
- Bruce Dern - "Nebraska"
- Chiwetel Ejiofor - "12 Years a Slave"
- Tom Hanks - "Captain Phillips"
- Matthew McConaughey - "Dallas Buyers Club"
- Forest Whitaker - "Lee Daniels' The Butler"
FEMALE ACTOR IN A LEAD ROLE
- Cate Blanchett - "Blue Jasmine"
- Sandra Bullock - "Gravity"
- Judi Dench - "Philomena"
- Meryl Streep - "August: Osage County"
- Emma Thompson - "Saving Mr. Banks"
MALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
- Barkhad Abdi - "Captain Phillips"
- Daniel Bruhl - "Rush"
- Michael Fassbender - '12 Years a Slave"
- James Gandolfini - "Enough Said"
- Jared Leto - "Dallas Buyers Club"
FEMALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
- Jennifer Lawrence - "American Hustle"
- Lupita Nyong'o - "12 Years a Slave"
- Julia Roberts - "August: Osage County"
- June Squibb - "Nebraska"
- Oprah Winfrey - "Lee Daniels' The Butler"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A CAST
- 12 Years a Slave
- American Hustle
- August: Osage County
- Dallas Buyers Club
- Lee Daniels' The Butler
Major snubs? Perhaps the exclusion of Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese's "The Wolf of Wall Street." Also no Sally Hawkins for Supporting Actress for "Blue Jasmine."
On the positive side, much love (and momentum) was shown for "Lee Daniels' The Butler" and "August: Osage County." How about that line-up in the Female Lead Actor category? It's a "who's who" of actresses, a virtual Mt. Rushmore.
Post your thoughts below. Who got snubbed? Who is deserving to win?
More information can be found on SAG's website, www.sagawards.org.